Thursday, December 5, 2013

Do guys care about stretch marks?

I'm going to come out and say it: I have stretch marks! And you know what? Im totally fine with that. I wasn't always confident about myself though. I was bullied for a few years for my stretch marks on my stomach and thighs, and these bullies were 'friends' who I honestly believed cared about me. Eventually my stretch marks faded but they are still there, still a reminder of the pain I endured. But now, I look at them as scars that I earned. Good scars. So many women have stretch marks and I think that these 'battle scars' are quite beautiful! The other night I was on the app Beautylish and decided to ask a question that a lot of girls have asked on the internet and something I personally wanted to know: Do guys care about stretch marks? To my surprise I was bombarded with responses and 100% of them were positive! Many of the girls on the site told me that their boyfriends/fiances did not mind at all and some of the guys they knew had stretch marks themselves! I was so excited to hear all of those responses and it made me realize that in the end, those marks on your body aren't something to be ashamed of.


Facts about stretch marks:

An Australian study shows that 71% of teenage girls said they had stretch marks, while only 51% said they suffered from acne.

32% of the women polled said their brother's suffered from stretch marks

Genetics have a lot to do with stretch marks! 67% of young women say their mothers also suffer from stretch marks

If you really want to get rid of stretch marks, vitamin E can help reduce the appearance of them!

Everyone has something they want to hide and most women have stretch marks, so we are not alone here! Lets all be thankful for our beautiful bodies. Just celebrate being the one and only YOU!
If you want to see the thread that got this article started, click here:
http://www.beautylish.com/t/rvrwjc/do-guys-care-about-stretch-marks




Source:
http://beautynzmag.co.nz/articles/teenage-girls-suffer-stretch-marks

No comments:

Post a Comment